Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Big Butts and 'The Soundtrack to My Life"

Today started with a song in my head, this isn't unusual, my brain is wired very strangely.  Times past it has been something sedate like Jimmy Buffets "Cheeseburger in Paradise" maybe a little George Thorogood "I Drink Alone".  This morning was Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back" could be a combination of this song being on my running play list and I've been thinking about a promise a friend aka "Sir GIS A-Lot" made to me to run a 1/2 marathon with me and he seems to have welshed on this promise, disappeared off the face of the earth.  Knock Knock you out there?  I may start running by your house if you don't answer!

Fortunately the miracle of Facebook I could post this as my status and a friend, Thank You Amy, helped me along getting the lyrics out of my system.  I think I am nearly depleted of this song running through my head.

Once up on a time my husband's banjo playing was, as my brother who lived with him for a few years dubbed it, the 'soundtrack to my life'.  I have to admit that I do miss that banjo playing, on occasion.  See, my brain is wired weird.  Hubb recalls me not liking this 'soundtrack to my life' I think that is only because he once decided to 'serenade' me while I was on a phone interview.  Ever try and remain calm and focused on a telephone pre-screen interview? well imagine it with a banjo being played in the next room.  Fortunately I passed the pre-screen and the interview and got the job.  A job actually that changed our lives.

This is a declared rest day, I travel to NYC to meet with my boss, the project leader, and several other people.  Today was actually quite stellar, of the 58 open issues we resolved 23!  Getting the project leader to actually focus on issues is close to impossible.  My boss and I devised a plan to get her to focus and quickly ticked off our action item list.  Essentially easy stuff to get an answer to, the problem is getting the project leader to actually focus on the actual question we need answered instead of the millions of questions floating around in her brilliant all-be-it scattered mind.

While it is a long day, starting at 5 a.m. and not getting home till nearly 10 p.m., it is always worth it both professionally to spend time with my boss and my project teams and personally as I meet up with friends who work in or are visiting NYC, this ALWAYS makes the day even better!

No work out stats to record for today, I walked a few blocks in heels and did a few flights of stairs in heels.

Thinking trail run with my 'dirty girl gaiters' is on tap for tomorrow!  WOOT!!




No comments:

Post a Comment