Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 15: 4/9/2018 - 4/15/2018

Wow, I really need to do a better job editing my posts.  Last week was like listening to me try and tell a story a few beers into the night, sorry about that!  I'm sure it all made sense while I was typing it and my first three proofs, but later in the week, I'm figuring a few people are scratching their heads on a few parts.  Sorry! 



That quote really spoke to me this week.  

Monday (3.1)  Took myself out for what was a peppy run, surprised me to see that pace on the watch when I stopped it!   The unfortunate thing, my shorts and heavy running shirt were purple, I looked like an eggplant or a bunch of grapes.  Mikey chuckled as he pointed I grabbed one of the purple stretch straps and said I needed to use the purple kettlebell.  Nice to get a laugh out of him, especially as Boston is approaching.




The week started with sun, that was nice!  A short workday on Monday was welcome but didn't end up being short as I had a few things to do for a work project after I got home from an appointment.  Working at home at night isn't a really big deal except for the keyboard on my laptop is dead so I couldn't bring that home, I didn't have a spare external keyboard because the one I use at my desk is locked to the docking station.  I guess I could have borrowed #1 Smart Guy's wireless keyboard?  Anyhoodles, I was able to send the documents I needed to work on to my home computer and finish up what I needed to finish up and get that to the person who needed it for their morning meeting to hopefully get my idea approved to move forward.  But then again after a couple hours working on the proposal I'm not convinced it should go forward. 

Tuesday (0) I wasn't sure I wanted to go to spin class, it really is boring.  So I didn't.  Plus the weather is less than appealing to want to do anything, I think someone said it snowed... Decided to start taxes.  I love that everything can be electronic, not so much the fact I have to have passwords and still a hard copy to get the 1s and 0s from one system to go to another system.  It all came to a screeching halt when I didn't have one document (W-2) or a way to get that not being at work.  Or at least not that I could figure out, plus Dave had made dinner, and I was hungry.  Manana

Well, lazy neighbors leaves may have protected my poor crocus from the frost?

Wednesday (5.7) Hills with Ro.  A little peppier than last week.  I've been so thirsty so I brought water with me, that definitely helped.   I had a work event in NYC for the evening, it was a dinner at the NYC Bar Association put on by the City Bar Justice Center, and I kept calling it the Justice League, ha ha ha.  A magnificent building.  I always feel like I'm walking into either the set of Mad Men or Gotham when I walk in the old marble buildings.  This was more a Gotham feel.  The mostly dead hanging plants from the ceiling gave it that feel plus, well, lawyers, slimy lawyers. 
  

The most difficult question was "So, Beth how many miles did you run last week?"  I stumbled a bit and said I've had some setbacks and my miles are very low.  And I was urged to fess up and was reminded most of the people in the group attending don't run.  A much-needed perspective.  

Thursday (0)  Traveled back from NYC to CT in the morning, so not much physical activity was accomplished while it was such a beautiful day balancing work and activity was filled with merely enjoying the sun from the train window.  I'm feeling less and less worthless when I put in a 0 day.  Guess that's good.  

Might as well do something productive, Bake!

Friday (2.8) Really not feeling like running, so I didn't.  Jax asked Dave to text me and find out if I'd be up for going on a hike with him.  Sure thing buddy!  I let him lead for a bit of the hike, he found a new trail and walked us in a circle.  I'll take it!  Jax isn't as adventurous as Gus was and certainly hates all the briars and thorns, he waits for me to move them so he can walk through the trail!  I should remember some clippers next time we go!  That Jax is a character, for sure.  



Saturday (31 +2.5) First group road ride organized by Sir George.  Betsy, Sue, Kim, Bill, George, and I.  Sue and I were bantering about who got to bring up the caboose.  She held her own for the first 20 miles!  Sore ass got her and she dropped back.  Ugh.  Mine wasn't feeling so hot either but I wanted to be done, done, done, done, done, done!!!  Felt like the first real ride since the fall.  My body was tired and sore and after a good lunch and a beer and sitting on my ice pad for 20 minutes I took a couple acetaminophen (I could feel the fever coming on) and took a nap.  I knew that would set me up well for the rest of the day and to get Jax out for a hike.




Jax and I took Dave with us on our hike!  We did the flat loop and Dave was pretty impressed with how well the Westerly Land Trust keeps up their property.  It is an old granite quarry, which struck up a conversation on what was it called when you mine granite, it's called quarrying! 

Sunday (7)  The 4th race in the track club's Clamshell series!  5M or 5K at the beach, out and back course.  The wind was whipping and the temperatures dropped.  Oh goodie.  Had I not signed up and volunteered to work registration AND Faith was going to run with me I may have bagged the whole thing.  The good parts were that the first 2.5 miles were into the wind (the last 2.5 would be with the wind at our back) and I had Faith to keep me company.  The first half of the race tired me out.  That and the amount of activity yesterday.  It was a big experiment in how would my body handle all of this activity.   We finished up the race as the last people across the finish line, Faith took the honor of DFL (Dead Fucking Last)! 

We don't look too miserable!
Yes, my lips are blue.  Gak.
I felt a little tired and sore after the race, my trusty acetaminophen with lunch got me through no worse for the wear.  I'm happy to report Monday morning was just fine!  Pshew.

Jax got a slow hike in Burlingame and fortunately as the mist was starting.  Fortunately, he was ok running back and check on his Peeps, constantly.

Mileage:

Feet:  21
Saddle:  31

Books:

American Gods
Neil Gaiman

Entertaining!  I get a little lost from time to time but manage to pick the story back up, there appear to be three going on at once, wonder how they will merge.

Knitting:

Still working on Dave's socks, slow knitting week.

Sincerely, 
Beth, thankful for supportive friends and family. 

1 comment:

  1. I Believe A Malty I.P.A. IS A Prerequisite Of Blogging. And I Sure Do Love The Jax Photos!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete