Saturday a.m. Hubb dumped me off at the train station for my trip to DC. The train was on time and the next 6.5 hours were mine to nap, read, hydrate, Facebook, WWF, listen to a book. I listened to a book and started a second. That was good to calm my nerves. Nerves for a lot of reasons:
- would the train get in on time (2:30ish) so I could get to the expo and pick up my bib
- would my back seize up during the race
- am I hydrated enough
- why the hell did I buy trail mix with raisins, didn't a friend tell me to not poop my pants at the finish
- oh crap I have no idea how to get to the hotel (I did get THAT figured out) DC has a wonderful Metro system
- have I gotten enough sleep
- and so on...
Had a lovely dinner with Team Lung Love, Julia made a wonderful video of the runners and who we run for. We all told our stories of how we are connected to Lung Cancer and why we run. It was wonderful.
At about mile 24 there were Dunkin Donuts munchkins. I've never had a better munchkin!!
I finished 5:09:55 with a smile on my face and nearly in tears, I DID IT! I wanted to be sub 5. Then I thought about it. A year ago my longest race was 4 miles, and that was November 13, 2011... so yeah, I'm pretty proud of what I have accomplished in less than a year!!!
Beth, the marathon runner, OMG
PS I slept well, and feel great the day after. Wonder what tomorrow will bring? Stuck in DC, till Wed...