Sunday, December 16, 2018

Couple of bad beers this week

12/10/2018 - 12/16/2018

Monday (5) - Nothing spectacular, but damn my knees hurt during and after this run.  I need to adjust the fit on Barney is my thought.  Something isn't quite right and this is the second time I've ridden and then run the next day with a similar result.  It is also time for more shots, but I'd like to see how I do without them for a bit.

Shadow Figures by Common Roots
Ick

Met up with some new gals to knit, there are three of them and I made 4, all live locally and they got from house to house.  Seems like it will be a fun group, definitely lots of local gossip!

This popped up on Facebook this week.
Gizzy and Sage - they were like an old married couple.
November 2009 - Gizmo is 9 in December and Sage is just turned 7

Tuesday (Gut and Glutes + 2) -  Day 6 of Booty Core (there will be no before or after pictures, go ogle Leslie's perky patootie) not doing this daily, 2 times a week, maybe 3 if the urge strikes me to exercise at home.  The surprising thing is it is helping my SI Joint alignment issues.  Tuesday morning I was really hobbling and hurting, going down the stairs was excruciating, to the point I thought I'd just live on the third stair from the top.  Walking around campus painful. After the workout, everything seemed back to normal.  Weird.

Another FB memory. 
Jax and Sage
When she wasn't trying to teach him a lesson she kind of liked him.
December 2012 Sage is 10 and Jax is 2.
Took Jax out on a night hike, he was less than thrilled because we kept an eagle eye on him.  Usually, the creep stays 30 feet in front of us, but no, he was lagging behind.  We kept an eye on him so he didn't eat any deer or other poop and end up barfing before surgery on Wednesday.

Watchaug Pond with the moon reflecting into the pond


Wednesday (5) - Hills with Ro, always a good time to catch up and chat.  Peppy walk when it didn't feel as peppy as usual.

Jax surgery went fine, only one surprise, a cyst under the gumball. Tissues and fluids sent out for biopsy, he may need more surgery if the cyst comes back, but who knows.  He was pretty stoned and frankly pretty ticked he got shorted a meal.  He had me up at 1:30 a.m. to go out and then stood by his food bowl looking for his missing meal.  Persuading a dog to go to bed when he doesn't want to is much like persuading a drunk person they don't need another drink.  It's not an easy discussion and someone growls.


Dude, what the hell? 
I've behaved myself - well besides my recent 2 a.m. tissue barfing incidents. 
But really, they are in that single serve box, who wouldn't be tempted?

Thursday (3) - Holiday Fun Run/Walk at work.  We had a light snow for the occasion, it was very festive!

Welcome Beth?  That is so freaky... 

I had to backtrack several hours of work on the latest sweater.  Dave commented I've been unknitting as much as I've been knitting.  I am managing to get the right number of stitches back on the needles and getting started again correctly, but damn all the work I did Tuesday I had to undo on Wednesday and I'm back to where I was on Tuesday now.  Ugh.

Winner!  But not by much... :(

Friday (6) - Less than energetic feeling run at work, faster than I have been running which is odd for feeling so un-energetic.  Probably a Friday thing?  Who knows.  Definitely not like Friday's of past where all I wanted to do was sleep all afternoon.

Ok so this was from Saturday - I didn't have a lot of Jax pictures.
Zoooommmmm  outta my way lady, coming through.

We took Jax on a daylight to night hike.  His first since surgery.  He was happier in the day light, and slogged along after dark, about what we expected.

Saturday (3) - Jax and I hiked in Burlingame and he was peppy and perky!  That was nice to see!  We did some new to him trails, nothing to strenuous.  He was happy to be out in the day light.

Derp.
He actually sat long enough to take a couple pictures.
We've not enforced good doggy behavior with him, he is a wild child.
He is rather handsome, don't tell him I said that.

Sunday (2) - Between the rain drops we took Jax to Burlingame with the intention of slowly ambling camp roads with the expectation the skies would open up and the rain would start.  We veered off on to some single track and then back to camp roads.  The sun was out and it was sprinkling and Jax was running around like a mad man.  Clearly feeling back to himself.  We followed where he led and made a couple suggestions as to the direction he should take, but mostly we followed him. 

No Hero by Evil Twin (why do I keep thinking I'll like their beer?)
B3 by Transmitter Brewing - feh
Work took me to NYC for the evening (early a.m. meeting) I like it during the holiday season and am glad when I get an overnight to go see the tree and the shop windows.  Not exactly thrilled with two nights, or the exceptionally bad beer I picked up at The Beer Table.   Tomorrow the rain will stop and I can wander and take in the sites.

Knitting:

After un-knitting and re-knitting the latest sweater I am at a good point.  I am also at the panic point of "am I going to have enough yarn"  the second of the third partial skein is now the body of the sweater and I have about 6 more inches to knit plus put arms on the damn thing!!!  I laid it out and it looks ok, no picture, I spaced on documenting it.  I was sad to leave it behind in RI for two nights.

Reading:

"George Washington"
by
Ron Chernow

Status:  In progress

This is pretty good, except for the fact my ancient iPod keeps freaking out.  Which in and of it self is hysterical, I can't listen to a book about the father of our country because my iPod 5th generation is freaking out.

Guess if all I have to complain about is buying a few bad beers my week was pretty damn good!

Sincerely,
Beth, lacking things to whinge about, does this mean she has to give up blogging to the 5 people who read this? 

NYE 2011
Whaddaya saying there Beth?

2 comments:

  1. We All Identify With That Forearm Shaven Look - Hang In There Jax - Keep Us Updated On The Biopsy - Sending Positive Vibes From Colorado

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yay for Booty Core. You can post covered butt pics. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete