Sunday, December 3, 2017

Weekly Recap: 11/27/2017 - 12/03/2017

It sucks when your body betrays you. Kind of my theme for the week.  Sucks to have a goal of running 5 miles in one run to be a stretch goal.  It is what it is and I'll figure it out.

Monday - 5K around the button hook and back.  


Gus was up for a short walk.  Goofy boy.


Hey, Snoopy what's got you so deflated?


Tuesday - double day, weight/circuit class for lunch and a Spin class after work.  I was wiped out.  Made pumpkin/curry/coconut milk soup for dinner, soup, something more to love about cooler weather!


Jax has the right idea, curl up with the pillows and catch some ZZZZZZZs


Wednesday - Run, a whole 4 miles, I made it around two of the points.  Yeah me!  Gus got a walk, nearly 3 miles and he was ecstatic with that. I should be just as ecstatic with 4 miles. I'll get there, it will take time.  No, no I won't, but I'll do my best to fake it.





Thursday - Circuit class no spin.  I had a hair appointment and Maggie was so excited as finally, she got to blow out my hair straight.  The Imaginary Husband was quite surprised, it's been 15 or so years since I've gotten my hair blown out.  I have a selfie, it's not great but I'll post it anyhow.  Took both the boyz out for a walk, this is miserable for all three of us, but at least they got out so they will let me sleep, and really that was all I cared about.





Friday - Got in little over 4-mile run, felt pretty ok.  Ran to Jupiter Point, the point I like the least.  At least I got all three points done in a week, maybe next week I'll get all three points done in one run!!  Here's hoping!!  Gus and I had a long walk after the sunset and before dinner, I was surprised!  We were downtown when the 6 p.m. chimes rang so we headed home, and the dogs had dinner at close to dog dinner time.  I'm the stickler, dog dinner time is 6:30, Dave feeds them earlier if they are pestering him and pleads with me to feed them earlier when I am home and ignoring them...  





Saturday -  Lots of errands to run and it was going to be warmer in the afternoon.  Perfect for a road bike ride,  a short one, 15 miles.  I inspected my back tire and found some cuts in the tire and patched them put the tube back in and pumped it up and was on my way with my new comfy cozy riding pants, the best $100 I've ever spent!  I did need my windbreaker I wore my vest, my hands were warm in the gloves so it was OK to have a bit of a chill on my arms.  Just about 8 miles in a spectacular blow out.  The guy walking around the corner said: "You ok?" I said, "Yeah, pretty spectacular sounding, huh?"  He said, "I thought someone was power washing their house."  I got the new tube checked to make sure I didn't pinch the new tube in the bead and pumped it up.  Put the tools back in the saddle bag and PSSSSSTTTT.  Holy crap...   I checked my phone to see what time it was.  Dave was due home by 3 p.m. and it was 2:30.  I texted, "Home yet?  I'm having a very bad tube day.  In Watch Hill.  Patching the first blow out.  But I'd love to be rescued."  He called and said he was just in the next town over asked exactly where I was, I told him and said I'd walk the bike the way he was coming, it was warmer than sitting on the curb!   That worked out well.  Clearly, I am doing something wrong.  Now to figure it out.  Or maybe it was the small cuts in the tire. I will get a new tire.  Get Gatorskins Sir George says, they are the best Sir George says,  you'll never get a flat Sir George says, well now I'm on my second set in the course of 6 months. Michelin it will be, they seem to serve Dave and Jeff well...  gahhhhhhhhh  



Bill and Dace dropped by when we were gone and left the dogs an Advent Calendar.
There are treats in each of the days.  They are NOT amused!
Someday we may paint the door to match the trim... someday.

Sunday - Dave, the Imaginary Husband, and bike mechanic, fixed up the tubeless back tire in Barney (the mountain bike), he held air all night and I even had to let some out before I went for a ride in Barn Island in the morning.  Barn Island is in CT and there is no hunting on Sunday in CT.  I'm good with that, shotgun season opened on Saturday so it is going to take a while for the hunters to sort themselves out.


I got lost and misdirected, and had a grand time.  I wanted to go out for an hour and I was riding for about an hour, so goal met.  I think I can load the route I want to take into the Garmin and it may direct me on the trails, if not, I may feel a bit more secure about where I am going.  The trails aren't marked and aren't well used so they are a bit hard to follow.  

Gus was happy to take me on a long walk, I am beginning to think he is walking me and I'm not walking him.  I'm only making sure he doesn't get hit by cars as he goes from garbage can to garbage can crossing streets willy-nilly.

Jax was not at all cooperative getting his picture taken with a favorite beer.



I tried a selfie and he was having none of that, Dave got a HUGE laugh out of that spectacle, he said it was good I hadn't taken the top off the beer or that would be alcohol abuse!  Ha ha ha. 


And so ends the week.

Mileage:

Feet: 24
Saddle:  29



Not spectacular, I'll take it.  I feel good at the end of the week and that counts for something!!

Books:

Finished:  "The Girl From the Train" by Irma Joubert.  I'm really not sure how I feel about this book, if I liked it or not.  The story was good, a young girl and her sister jumping off a train headed to Auschwitz.  The train was unscheduled and the Polish resistance troops had bombs set to blow up the bridge the German troop train was going to cross.  The train containing Gretl's mother and grandmother reached the bridge first.  It was good till it wasn't, I could see how the story was going to unfold for Gretl.  I'm one of those people who forgot the ship sank in the Titanic, that is how involved in a story I get.  Dave is one of those people who tries to figure out the ending and when it is obvious he is bored and annoyed.  He still went with me to see Titanic and chuckled when I was surprised the boat sank.   So for me to figure out an ending, the story didn't wrap me up enough.

Started:  "My Cousin Rachel" by Daphne du Maurier.  I MAY have to start this one over.  I loved "Rebecca" in all the formats I could consume it.  I think this is going to unfold similarly, but I'm not sure.  

Knitting:

Made some progress on a sweater.  Vikings started again for the season so that is what I'm watching and knitting.  It was nice to get back to feeling the yarn and the needles in my fingers.

Sincerely,
Beth, chugging along, merrily!

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin/curry/coconut milk soup sounds delicious.
    Who is the chick in the Thursday pic? Lookin' good.
    Yes, it's great that there is no hunting in CT on Sundays. May be my go-to for December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does suck when your body betrays you! I've got some workarounds for that..

    So your hands don't rebel when you knit?

    ReplyDelete