| The Hitchhiker |
Tuesday (2) - Got to the gym, no shorts. Well, that's a first, usually, it's the sports bra I forget. Nice day to run to, the temps were due to continue dropping, and the wind kicks up, and it did. I took Jax for a walk when we got home. He actually seemed kind of into an in-town walk and wanted to explore some new streets.
| It wasn't supposed to be for him, he gave on a compelling argument. |
Wednesday (4) - Remembered my shorts, should have brought capris it was a wind chill of 27 with the gusty wind off the water probably colder than that, kind of a shock to my knees. Extra special run because I had new shoes. I was pretty sure in the beginning of the year when I bought the Brooks Transcend I'd probably not need to get a new pair of running shoes all year, well yeah, pretty much. With 350 miles on them, it was time for a new pair and I got a cushy pair of Brooks Adrenaline. I toyed with Hoka but I think they are so tall I'd fall off them and twist my ankle like I was doing with the Asics Cumulus till I finally put it all together and put them in the donation bin. I meandered here and there, it was so cold by the water I went into the neighborhood by the golf course to get out of the wind, but still would have to face the north wind down Eastern Point (or Shennecosett) to get back to campus.
Thursday (3/4) - Core work for lunch, boring and necessary. The snow started just before I left work and it was a fun drive home, people come up with some creative ways to drive for the first snow. Took Jax to the High School to let him run around in the snow for a little bit. He was happy to get out some goofies, I enjoyed playing in the snow too.
| Wooohooo! Off leash and loving it. -- Jax |
Friday (7) - Run at lunch, the wind kept me in the neighborhood behind the golf course, still had to fight the wind North on Eastern Point, the walking comes in handy then! Although it's getting a little chilly for a 1-minute walk, I should make it 30 seconds so I don't freeze! We took Jax to Burlingame.
| Jax and the Imaginary Husband |
Saturday (5.8) - Course marking for the last 4 miles of the Lil' Rhody Run around. I wasn't sure if I'd have help or not. I did! John, we didn't know each other but he was a chatterer and I'm a listener and that works well. He too gets lost in a straight line AND he and his wife have an Airstream! We had lots of things to talk about. Dave and I took Jax to Browning Mill area of Arcadia for a hike, lots of snow still on the ground in land!
| Grrrr stop messing with me and Maxine. -- Jax |
Sunday (5) - Spectating at Lil' Rhody Runaround and then Dave and I took Jax to Woody Hill. I hadn't been there in a few years and was curious about the new mountain bike trails, Jax enjoys something new to him it worked out well for all of us. These are trails more my speed for mountain biking, I'll feel a bit more comfortable exploring them on my bike now. Gus and I went out there a few times, but he really hated being in the car so we didn't go to far away from home often. And by far I mean more than a 5 minute drive. He was a disaster after 5 minutes.
| Woody Hill |
Knitting:
Finished the other arm of the sweater, sewed up the shoulder seams, marked the button placement, and where the cowl neck becomes the button band. Next is picking up for the collar. I messed this up even on my second try with the green sweater. I picked up too many stitches per inch and it sags. I could frog the whole thing AGAIN, but, it does give the sweater a bit of a worn in look, and I don't dislike that. Definitely the yarn was all wrong, the sweater needs a nice stiff and sticky wool, not a drapey merino. Live and learn. The new sweater is the correct yarn, although it seems a bit more stiff and sticky than I'd like, but I bet it will bloom a bit softer once I wash it.
In a quandary for something to knit because it was too early to start dinner, and to dark to pickup the stitches for the collar on the other sweater. I fished out a baby sweater I cast on a few months back, and knit a few rows, that did the trick and I managed to remember a list of things I needed to do! I don't sit still well.
Books:
"The Tattooist of Auschwitz"
by Heather Morris
Status: Finished
Very good story, it was a bit rushed at the end. Otherwise worth the time to read.
"Titan"
by Ron Chernow
Status: In-progress
Continuing to be fascinating. Cettie, his wife, has just passed away in NY and it was quite an ordeal getting her to the family plot in Cleveland.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A quiet week, nothing spectacular. Happy to see a bunch of people on Sunday at Lil' Rhody Runaround. I do miss the running community. I'm always stunned at how thoughtful people are and how much they remember from our last conversations. Running must make people smart?
Sincerely,
Beth, thinking she should enjoy the down time before the manic panic between Thanksgiving and the end of the year starts.
Off Leash - Best Day Ever!! Happy Turkey Week And A Big Ol Hug To That Imaginary Husband
ReplyDeleteCheers