Sunday, June 12, 2016

Weekly Recap: 19 weeks to go 6/6/16 - 6/12/16




Monday (7.4) - Last Monday run with Faith.  Her work schedule reverts back to M - F for the summer so she can have weekends off.  Monday is supposed to be a rest day for both of us.  I didn't run on Sunday but she ran a 30K (18.6 miles) on trails in the rain.  She was pretty wiped out.  Made the run easy for me, I guess.  It was nice, by mile 4 my legs were tired and it was clear Faith was spent by mile 3.  We talked the entire 4.3 mile run, so there is something to say for that!

Gus got a nice walk after my BARRE class.

Tuesday (9.9) - First at work 7 mile run in a while, or at least I think so.  It was hot and icky, the breeze helped.  I did "The Neighborhood" hills because they catch the breeze really nice, and it's a mile.  Avery Point may have done just fine, feh, I like the "Proud Mira" loop.

Had enough time for a 2 hour bike ride, I took an hour, down to Watch Hill and back.  My Garmin let me know when my favorite segment started!  Now to figure out how it knew that and put in a couple other biking segments I want to work on.



Jax looked rather depressed so he got the walk.  Gus paced the entire hour I was gone.  Poor guy.

Gus giving me the evil eye. 

Wednesday (5.6) - Hills with Ro, the temps plummeted in to temps I appreciate, 60's.  Ro, was bundled up, well she can't be more than 100 lbs at 5'2".  So yeah, she gets cold.

The Westerly Track and Athletic Club fun runs started tonight.  I volunteered to help fill in for vacations not really understanding what I signed up for!  So I went to observe, not to run.  That was odd.  Should be fun to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Founders had a Tap Takeover at The Engine Room in Mystic, we went out there for dinner.  It was not the Tap Takeover we've experienced at The Malted Barley.  Well, now we know, and will go to The Malted Barley for Tap Takeovers.

Thursday (3.1)  - Yes I was supposed to run 7, I thought I'd run after work, during work didn't work out.  Took Gus to the beach instead.  I was feeling worn out.  Guess that happens from time to time.  My  hip had been bugging me starting Wed and it wasn't much better.  3 miles on the beach helped a little bit to get moving.  Who knows what I did.  Maybe the band work in BARRE?  It was a new move and I do remember my right hip getting a little feisty.

Friday (6.1) - OUCH that hip hurt, the front part, a 5K was really all I needed to catch up on my miles so I did that.  I felt it the whole run, usually ouchy places go away after the first mile. I don't run fast enough to be injured!!!!


After dinner dog walk with Gus was tough for the first 2 miles and in the last mile everything seemed to go back into place.  I'm feeling more positive about the 16 for Saturday's long run!

Saturday (6.5) - Things did not go as planned.  A perfect day for 16 miles in the woods and that didn't happen.  I'm distraught.  Maybe a swim?  Um no that hurt.  I weeded the flower beds and enjoyed that sense of accomplishment, but getting up was torture...  Walked Gus, not so good.   I think I did something in BARRE, but not sure.  It can't possibly be the new shoes, not THIS soon!!!

Sunday (3.3) - Better, impact still hurts, only a little less.  Did get to listen to the Boston Pops traveling orchestra practiced in the park, so that was a bright spot.  Next run I'll load up on the Vitamin I and see if that helps.

Weekly Mileage:  40.9  Run: 24.6 Walk: 16.3

Yearly Mileage:  966.5 against a straight line target of 903.6

Sincerely,
Beth, I don't run fast enough to get injured!  HA HA HA...

4 comments:

  1. Please note, the Critchlery training program is not for everyone, but has proven to be successful, sort of...and for you, it's free! My treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to take you up on that.. what is it 10 laps around Bluff two weeks before the race and I'm good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, yeah, 10 laps around Bluff, that's the ticket!

      Delete
  3. Oooh, what do you think you did to your hip? I hope it calms down STAT!

    ReplyDelete