Thursday, February 4, 2016

Three Things Thursday

“Data mining ...is nothing else than torturing the data until it confesses…and if you torture it enough, you can get it to confess to anything.”  -- Fred Menger

FitBit – I’ve had one since June 2013, I’ve been through about 8 of them!  They die after about 6 months, not sure why.  The latest version I have, the Charge, seems to soak up moisture from my skin and cloud over then freak out.  A quick chat with a Fit Bit rep and I get a new one, I’m without it for a few days and that kind of sucks.

I had a banner month in January!


January 2016

Garmin – I remember questioning why anyone would need a watch.  The reply was, well some people like to track how far they’ve gone and how fast they’ve gone.  I can’t remember exactly why I bought my first Garmin, it was in July of 2011, and I remember it being a big deal.  My first Garmin run, with my 110 and when I used to get up early to run, so no one could see my slow fat ass lumber along!




I’ve been through a 110, 410, 610, and now a 220.  I’m quite happy with my 220, it does the basics and uploads with Bluetooth so I can then see my Strava Kudos right away!

Strava – I started with Strava starting with my first Marathon in 2012 to record the mileage on my shoes and then slowly started seeing the social networking of it all. 

I back loaded data to Strava from the first use of a new pair of shoes, and some races from the past to see the trend.



So what to do with all this data?  

I don’t do much, when I’m having a tough time I look back and notice I’ve come a long way in the 6 years since I started running. 

Sincerely,
Beth, who likes having the data it makes her feel warm and fuzzy.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my Garmin in 2011 I think too and it really changes everything! I can't imagine running without it now and I don't like using my phone I much prefer a watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete