Monday, May 21, 2012

Took a nice 4 mile run in the light rain in SE Coastal CT this afternoon.  Sometimes it is nice to have a flexible work schedule that allows me to take an hour out and run then be ultra focused until I've completed what ever tasks I set out for myself to accomplish for the day.

After yesterdays aching left heel and knee. I had the forethought to put a bottle of water in the freezer and after I ran I rolled my foot over that bottle for a good 20 minutes.  My foot is feeling pretty spectacular!  A friend, also a massage therapist said that was really the best way to reduce the swelling in the muscles, fascia, tendons, and what ever else is in there swelling up like crazy.  I also stayed off the concrete as much as possible and stayed on asphalt.  I think that helped, also the shorter run could be a factor.

Because it was the afternoon, I slogged through it a bit. But hey, the point is to get out there and strengthen for the long runs, right?  Plus that nice endorphin release that I crave so desperately.

Rest day tomorrow, as I work in NYC on Tuesdays...  hopefully there will be a little girls night out for a favorite friend celebrating her 40th birthday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment