Sunday, May 20, 2012

Training to Train, isn't that like planning to plan?

I am training to train.  How funny is that?

October 28th I run the Marine Corps Marathon with Team Lung Love.  This will be my first, of what I hope to be many marathons.  

June 25th starts my training plan in earnest, with a total of 26 miles.  Right now I'm tracking about 21 miles a week.  One would think it would be early to up the miles.  My left foot is saying different and it is passing bad messages on to my left knee.  Yeah you guessed it!

Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) involves pain and inflammation of a thick band of tissue, called the plantar fascia, that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes. Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain.

I have been stretching and wearing the boot and it is feeling better and better.  Today on my 10 miles, half of which were on concrete sidewalks left me in more then my usual amount of pain.  DAMN IT!  I did take a nice long 3 mile walk on the beach, barefoot with the elder dogs.  That helped.  And rolled a bottle of ice under my foot for 20 minutes, holy cow, that really helped!



I am starting this log to hopefully track my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment