Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekly Recap: 9/14 - 9/20




Run
Walk
Bike
Notes
14-Sep
3.1
2.2

15-Sep
6.0
2.5

16-Sep
5.3
2.9

17-Sep
3.1
16

18-Sep
2.5

19-Sep
13.2
3.2

20-Sep
2.6


30.8
15.9
16.0
Total

Back with the chart....

I start typing this up at some point and put in what my expectations are... and that's when the "what happened"comes in...  I do have a training plan for this 1/2 in October, I follow it loosely... mostly I'm winging it and considering deferring the Gansett 1/2 or maybe not, I doubt I'm going to get serious about racing in the near future, who knows. 

Monday - Recovery from the TFCE, takes a bit of time for my insides to get all righted.  It was far to nice to pass up a short run, so I didn't.  All in all it felt good to zip down to Eastern Point and back.  The low humidity definitely helps my pace, I really need to get back to speedwork.  Took Jax on a walk and we all settled in for some Game of Thrones (season 4)!  Making good progress on the next baby sweater, easy knitting I don't have to think  about and can concentrate on the show.  

Tuesday - Decided it was time to conquer all three points, a whopping 6 mile run and I have no idea what mental block is going on with Jupiter, Avery, and Eastern Points all in one run.  I used to do that pretty regularly.   Fortunately Avery Point offers a pit stop, as the week went on apparently it was going to take a week for my insides to cooperate.  The humidity was starting to creep up, crap...  Gus and I went on an after dinner stroll and then we all settled in for Game of Thrones and knitting!

Wednesday - Hitting all three points again, but a mile shorter by zipping down Tyler.  I always think of Mimi Zuliani when I pass by Cushman, she has been gone 6 years in December.  I will forever be grateful I stood up and excused myself from a meeting that was dragging on because I had a lunch date with a woman who was in the end stages of cancer and I didn't want to miss that opportunity to have a social outing with someone I respected and admired.  LIFE work balance, LIFE always should come first.   Faith and I were running opposite directions and stopped and chatted.  Nice to see her and catch up a bit!  Gus was the lucky recipient of that evenings walk as Dave took Jax to the field to run around!  No Game of Thrones... Dave was out for the evening with final trip prep.

Thursday - Short run to Avery Point as I intended on running the club run at night.  I left work late and didn't change, no place to change, aw forget it.  I went home and Dave suggested a ride.  This is the third ride we've done this year.  I wasn't passing that up.  We went out to Watch Hill and then on to Misquamicut and a quick trip around the Post Office and it was getting dark.  On the way back, less than a mile from the house, he was supposed to go right, he went left and I went right and into the back of his tire.  In what can only be described as slow motion I bumped his back wheel and was obviously going down.  Dave sped forward.  I couldn't get my right foot out of the clip and skidded on the asphalt.  With blood dripping from my elbow, I stood up, after getting my damn cleat out of the clip.  Dave said "Is the bike ok?"  I suggested he might want to ask if I'm ok first.  He said "Quit being dramatic, you are standing up, you are fine, is the bike ok?"  I looked at the bike, and said, "My hip hurts, did I hit my head?"  Dave said "You didn't hit your head.  Did you scratch the bike?" 

I put the chain back on and inspected, all seemed fine, the front break was a bit off center, and easily righted.  We went home to a barking Gizmo who also was unconcerned about my injuries and wanted dinner as it was now one hour later than dinner time.

All is fine, my hip has a nice bruise forming, my right elbow is scuffed up, bruised, and weeping, so there is still grit in it.  Same elbow I was picking teeny rocks out of for a year after a mountain bike crash (which was actually more of a crash where I went off the bike over the handle bars) in West Virginia in 1997. Mostly I'm glad I didn't break one of my aging hips! 

No dog walk, so we finished up season 4 of Game of Thrones.  Seriously people, have some respect for the material you check out of the library.  Disc 5 was so scratched we had to use the closed captioning for Episode 9 to figure out what was happening. Knitting went on as usual.  Good to keep my hands busy!

Friday - On Thursday, before the crash, I decided this was going to be a rest day.  I got my 90 minute Friday afternoon nap with Gizzy, then Gus and I went on a nice stroll.  

Saturday - "run with the Housewives of Narragansett, I'm aiming for 13.1 because I'm bagging Jamestown 1/2 as I just don't want to run that race.  I want to run when and where and with who I want."  *dramatic foot stomp*

What happened? Did my 13.1.  Jackie and Mary did 20, Nicole 18, Kathy tagged along for 5 and Patti who FINALLY had a good run did 8.  This was the longest run in quite a while for me.  When did I get to be so lazy???    Strava Challenge done.  It's not that I can't run the miles, it's that I'm lazy? or unmotivated? or who knows....  these are rhetorical questions.

It was a lovely run with lovely gals and fun conversation!

Gizzy and I had an outing, he enjoys getting out of the house and wandering about.  His mode of transport is much different not being able to do more than scoot on his back legs.  



He is quite content with this and can get moving pretty quickly when he wants to!  It tires him out a bit, not to mention us...   He takes on quite a bit of the weight when he is moving, when he stops, he hangs from the back leg leash.    (Jax is the one running towards Giz, who snubs him)

Jax and I had a lovely stroll and ran into the Illustrious Seth on his own stroll pre-gig at the Malted Barley.  Jax was completely overwhelmed with all the people downtown and quite the mild mannered dog!  

Sunday - "Bike and maybe a run.  Dave is up and out for UT at 3 a.m. it will be an interesting week solo."

What happened?   Dave was up and out by 3 a.m.  I played WWF until I fell back asleep.  If I would have tossed and turned to get back to sleep Jax would consider me up and in the mood to wrestle.  Um, no.  I know it is going to be hard for the first couple night's Dave is gone to get him, mainly, to settle in and go to sleep so best to not encourage middle of the night wrestling.  

No bike, no run, Gus got a nice walk in the crisp nearly autumn air.  As I type this I'm 845 steps from meeting my 15,000 daily step goal.  So a big fat zero. (well I only hit 10, 554 for Friday, that was a rest day... so...)  I'm good with that.  I accomplished several nagging chores out of the way, funny with no spouse in the house to offer unhelpful commentary as one works on projects how much one can get accomplished

Sincerely, 
Beth, looking forward to being unsupervised for a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment