Saturday, October 10, 2015

Weekly Recap: 10/5 - 10/11 (final)




Run
Walk
Bike
Notes
5-Oct
2.2
TRX
6-Oct
6.1
Yoga
7-Oct
5.2
2.6

8-Oct
5.0
2.4

9-Oct

10-Oct
3.7
2.4

11-Oct
7.6
3.5
 Hills

27.6
13.1
0.0
Total


Monday - Rory is back from Switzerland so knitting was on the agenda and I couldn't get in a run.  Got the last of the sweater sewn together and now to crochet the edging.  I don't have the right sized hook, well damn a trip to the craft store.  TRX was good, starting to get a little less painful, better step it up!

Tuesday - Ummm when did I last run?  It had been a while because last week was such a disaster. The 6 I did felt good, hit all three points because I had the time to go for 6, pleased with that!  Yoga is back on the agenda, I missed it.  It is hard to fit everything in....

Wednesday -   Not quite enough time for 6, so I hit Jupiter Point and Eastern Point and called it good.  I'm seriously not sure about the GT1000, I think they are too stiff, my back hurts a bit and my knee hurts.  Switched it up for Thursdays run.

Thursday - I do love the Kayanos, they are comfy and I'm not feeling the same pains.  Hmmmmmm

Friday - Friend was in town from TX so we met in NYC for lunch.  I considered getting up and taking Gus for a trot around town to get in some sort of running miles.  I didn't.  I enjoyed actually sleeping in for the first time in a long long time.

Saturday - Westerly Track and Athletic Clubs annual Run for the Pumpkins 5K.  This year it became a trail run on some new the guys cut, and they did an excellent job.  Probably one of my worst 5K trail times in a long time, it happens.  Fun race and now that I'm kind of familiar with the trails I'll go out and explore.   Sounds like maybe NEMBA (New England Mountain Biking Association) will be getting involved to cut some bike trails.   Good when land can be purchased by the local land trusts and used for public use.

Sunday - "On the schedule are some hills and I really need to get in a long run, two weeks till Gansett, I am not prepared for my time goal, however I should at least be able to run the miles in some kind of decent time, or not.."

What happened, 6 mile run, casual pace, it's nice when things don't hurt.  I REALLY need to use that inhaler!!   Hills with the gals, that was fun!  Nice to do them on somewhat fresh legs not running a mile up hill TO the hill!!  I should start tracking times...

Gizzy and I went to Ninigret and logged over a mile!  I'm impressed.  My shoulders are not happy.  I really need to get Diesel's wheels down from the attic and see how that goes with him while there is still clear pavement.  The old guy may sleep for a few days, however based on the smile on the curmudgeons face, he is happy.

While I didn't log 10 running miles I did get over 10 miles for the day.  I'm good with that.

Sincerely,
Beth, so so so happy fall is really here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment