Friday, July 7, 2017

It's all about the Numbers!

So where am I to my goals?

These were my goals:

  1. Every race is fun.  I'm not going to place, I don't have the drive to do the work to achieve this.  I do think that races are for everyone, from the top 10 to the bottom 10. If I can't enjoy it, I'm not doing it!
  2. Run, Walk, Ride, Hike, explore and enjoy the great outdoors every single day, in one way or another.
  3. Rest when I need it, and try and not beat myself up for it.
  4. Drink good beer.
  5. Read books.
  6. Knit.


Good goals are SMART - Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, and Time bound.  Do these fit the bill? Well actually yes, or maybe yes.

Considering it is mid year and I still have yet to set goals at work I think I'm ahead of the game.

I've hit each one of these.  Strava may say otherwise for #2, but if I didn't get out to exercise, I did get out to go to work or the grocery store (or packy) or drove out to my folks.  There are 9 "rest" days per my Strava training log, these would be days with no recorded activity.

And because I love numbers and statistics lets see the numbers for 2017 as of June 30th, and then how they stack up to previous years!

Not to bad.  Guess I didn't get to to many spin classes in March, wonder if maybe I thought I'd get outside?

And for the comparison:


Total miles I am ahead, my biking has really brought this number up!  It all balance itself out.

I feel much better than last year at this time and probably previous years.  It is nice not to be injured and not to feel like I'm lacking in my constant comparison to the much better athletes around me.

So much of this is mental as well as physical.  Guess I'm more mental than physical?

Ha ha ha

Sincerely,
Beth hope your numbers are telling you the story you want to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment