Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wimp

I’m not going to call you out specifically, but really, no long sleeved shirt keeps you inside? On a gorgeous 40F day like today?  Really?  Well both of you, so you know you aren't alone.  Women maybe the slower of the sexes however we are the more hardy, a little chill in the air doesn't keep us inside.   And if you need a long sleeved shirt, I usually have an extra, and sometimes they aren't pink!  HA!  Extra because I’m not sure which is going to go with what, because after all it doesn't count if you don’t look cute doing it! 

Yeah, I’m a little amped up today.  First run since Sunday.  Monday was batshit crazy, with what I have a hard time remembering, but wow, by the time I got to TRX my head was spinning and I practically talked Joy’s ear off.  Tuesday I was in NY and managed to find 40 minutes to take a few block walk, I was driving my boss bonkers with all my wiggling.  She said “Beth, do you need to go out and take a walk?”  That was my not so subtle hint my leg wiggling was reaching a 10 on the Richter Scale, time to scrub off some excess energy with a brisk walk around mid town.  She is so funny.  Wednesday was a whirlwind of meetings and no free hour. I lost focus about 3 p.m. and remembered Dave and I needed to straighten up the house before his parents arrived Thursday afternoon.  4 hours of epic cleaning and putting away resulted in a respectable level of chaos on the first floor, we really need a garage to put the bikes in, or maybe a decorative stand for them in the dining room, make them into some sort of an eclectic mobile hanging from the ceiling?  I can only imagine what that Zoning meeting would be like trying to get a variance, even for a shed in the back yard. Pass on that...

Today, finally, a run, not quite 5 miles (totally forgot about the 10K anyway challenge I still have a few days), it was beautiful out, probably didn't really need a hat or gloves, but they were nice as the wind picked up just a skitch towards the end of my run.  I took a left out of the guard shack and not my usual right.  I need to mix it up a little and thought maybe I’d nip down Thomas and do ‘the bitch’ or just stick with the long slowly rising hill climb on Shennecossett. I picked the climb and focused on keeping stead on my pace, I slowed a bit...

My watch is still set to biking, I have to remember to switch that after I get off the bike.  Or just leave it on running and not mess with it.  I ran about 6 MPH so 10 minute miles, I’m happy with that.  Just a gorgeous day to be outside even if it was a little chilly for some!

 


I skipped back into the office to deal with a stack of papers I've been using as weight training for the last several weeks.    They get lifted from my drawer, walked across the hall to my desk, deposited, scattered about, re-stacked, lifted, walked across the hall and deposited back in my drawer, repeat daily.  Well not when I’m slogging half the stack and my lap top around midtown Manhattan, in heels, medals should be handed out for that, I’m NOT kidding! 


A big project launched on Monday and about half that stack were drafts and notes and things that could just be recycled, very little had to be filed.  I even found a stack in my only filing drawer to recycle, whoop!  Yeah, someone needed to run if recycling paper is getting this big of a cheer…

Took Ro's Spin class, cleaned up, and scampered home to see what Dave cooked for the dinner with his parents.  Indian Chicken, well done.  We use the same recipe and no matter what his turns out different than mine.  Funny how that works isn't it?  Pumpkin Pie for dessert and the FIL and I polished off a couple bottles of champers (hence the spin class), not a bad night.  

Sincerely,
Beth, planning ahead for the eating season!

8 comments:

  1. I think your new nickname should be Wiggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Good one! I have a hard time sitting still.

      Delete
  2. In the wimp - been running on the treadmill and enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoying and treadmill in the SAME sentence?? ;)

      Delete
    2. With your title of "Wimp", I just had to read this article. Would give Mike B the wimp award for being on the dreadmill, but he redeemed himself by running trails with us in the cold and wind this morning. Now if we could only get him to keep his blog updated ...

      Delete
    3. For the record he called himself the wimp! He has MORE than redeemed himself with trails in this wind, brrrrrrrr.....

      Delete
  3. I'm a border-line wimp ... the weather typically won't keep me in, but I put on so many clothes, I look like the little kid from Christmas Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!! I've been under dressed for the weather and come home frozen, the defrosting process is painful!! Oh so PAINFUL!!! There is just something about being outside, no matter what.

      Delete