Thursday, November 26, 2015

Weekly Recap: 11/23 - 11/29 - Thanksgiving Week (final)

And another month is nearly winding up.  Where does the time go?  I remember when I was a kid it was forever till my Birthday or Mother's Day (they happen about the same time) Father's Day, the Fourth of July, John's Birthday, Mark's Birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas (and my Mom's Birthday) and then my Dad's Birthday, and it was a big lull till St. Patrick's Day and then  Easter and waiting till my Birthday came around on the guitar...  Summer seemed to last forever, then again so did the school year and Winter...   The innocence of being young maybe that is why it didn't seem like time flew by like it does now?  

Well enough of that mindless blather...

I quick checked my totals to see where I may end up for the year...  broke 1,000 running miles this month, pshew.  I won't hit 1,200, and I'm fine with that.  I hit a lull for a while over the summer where I wasn't enjoying running or anything to do with running.  That seems to have subsided.  It also seems to happen in the summer, I should just get on the bike more, I enjoy that.  I'm sad I didn't take the time to commute into work on my bike more often, I think I had one maybe two commutes in.  That is totally on me, I intended I never did as I intended.   

That said, I'm going to surpass my bike miles due to the once a week spin class.  I've been loving that. think this was week three.  My whole body feels so much better after class.  I was hobbling around after my run today and after spin everything felt smooth.  Amazing.  Like the Tin Man getting oil in squeaky joints or something.  


My walking miles are higher, I'm sad to not be walking Gizmo more than up and down the block, however he is happy with that and it wears him out (and my shoulders!).  He also enjoys being loaded into the car and going with me to the grocery store, I wasn't sure how that would go, would he want to get out of the car.  No, he was fine people watching in the parking lot and thrilled for an outing.

And we are back to mindless blather....  so my week...

Monday - Knitting day!  Finished the crocheting around the sweater, just have to do the arms and sew on buttons and block it one more time and it is ready to wear.  Still a bit snug on the bust so I won't button it.  No TRX with Joy's new job, so I went to the Westerly Y and did my weight circuit.  The proper way to do this is do all the exercises in order as laid out (Legs / Core / Arms / Legs / Core / Arms / Legs / Arms)  I think that's how I have it laid out.  and repeat two more times.  Well that isn't how most people do it so as I'm in the middle of my second circuit people are doing sets of three on the next machine.  Oh well.  I got it done.

Tuesday - Run with Faith!  She's off for the week from school but not work so her schedule was a bit more flexible and we got in a nice run.  I still had some residual bitch left in me from being one on Monday, I got most of that bitching about the most inane things while we ran.  She laughed a bit, finding humor in the fact I would snarl about something then comment how ridiculous a statement I made.  Faith got in some good ones too.  Nice when you have a like minded person to be nasty with, and what happens on a run stays on a run.  I'd be hard pressed to remember anything we talked about or said, all I know is I felt purged when I got back to the office.

Yoga night with Jennifer and Angie!  Bar-B-Q Chicken Nachos really aren't the best snack/dinner the company is great!  On the First of January the studio has a gong bath, Renee has been talking about this for a while and was talking about her experience while the gongs were going off.  It sounds kinda cool.  I said I'd be interested in that and Angie and Jennifer looked at me like I'd grown a second head!   Renee's experience was seeing all purple shooting out of her head when the gongs first started being gonged (?) and then all of a sudden the purple was wiped away by a white cloud.  Sounds pretty trippy to me!!   Someone was trying to tell her what it meant and she said she wasn't quite ready to know what it could be and would just accept the purple for the time being.  The second gong bath she went to the same thing happened.  She still isn't open to understanding what the purple signifies.  It sounds interesting.  

Wednesday -   Run with Ro!  She found a quarter, that was pretty sweet!  It's fun finding money on a run or a ride (or a dog walk).  A few weeks ago I found $40 in the change bin at the Stop and Shop self check out.  I gave it to the clerk at the Information Desk.  She said the chances of someone coming to look for the $40 they left at lane 13 was pretty slim, but it was nice to know there were honest people in the world.  We had a nice run jibber jabbering about not even sure what.  We did both comment that the rise on Plant Street that we don't particularly look forward to wasn't seeming as bad week three into this route.    A biological emergency meant I couldn't wait till the watch flipped 5.0 till I got into the building.  4.99 it would have to be and maybe I could get the last 0.01 running to the bathroom?  Nope... oh well..

After two grocery store stops I made it to Spin to find that Dave texted me more groceries he discovered we needed.  Oh yippiee.  This is not my favorite time of year to shop as it is.  Kim had a great class, I was drenched and as I dried, quite smelly, probably helped get me through the line at my last two stops.  

Thursday -  Saw Neighbor Jeff and his daughter head off to the Mystic Turkey Trot while I was out with Gizmo and doing his lap up and down the block.  Bob was out raking leaves and trimming the wisteria. Commenting "That is one happy dog." He and Karen only have Nigel and his girlfriend for dinner and he said I was welcome to come if Dave would let me out of going to his parents.  Yeah, I doubt that will happen.  Got Gizzy all set and took myself out for a Turkey Trot, hardly a breakneck pace, just nice to be out, too warm to wear my turkey hat though.  Wove my way through Westerly and into Pawcatuck and remembered I left the basement door open and Gizzy sometimes decides he can tackle the stairs.  I headed home, but did take a detour to do the whole hill on Granite Street.  I mean if he did hurl himself down the stairs and hurt himself there wasn't much I was going to be able to do and what was another 10 minutes?

G didn't hurl himself down the stairs, he was right where I left him, didn't even shuffle around the house.  Took Gus out for about a mile dog jog, he wasn't really into it.  Took Jax out for about 6/10 of a mile dog jog he was into running down the hill but not so much in running and hauling me up the hill.  I have to face facts, Boxers aren't runners.  I got my 5 in.

Friday - Supposed to be a lawn work day

What happened?  Lawn work!  We have a wee yard, however there are a couple parts very much neglected.   They were attended to and cleaned out, along with the Rose of Sharon taking a major hair cut and the Rhododendron suffering the same fate.   They were put in when the people were desperately trying to sell this fixer-upper, we've been here 15 years and done a lot of fixerupping, it STILL looks like a fixerupper, just not as unfixable-a-fixerupper.  My big win was maybe finally convincing my husband that we need to have a new driveway.  There is some asphalt there and some rocks and who knows what... it is in sad shape.  I can fit my car in for the winter so only he parks in the front yard because the vehicles have to be off the street when the snow falls.  

That took most of the day, we ended up at the Malted Barley for beer and pretzel sammiches, it was a grand end to the day.  A few more beers and I may not notice how bad my right hip hurts...

Saturday - Run?  it might rain I may just knit

What happened?  I knitted and napped and made dinner.  Oh yeah, Gus talked me into a walk.  He does pitiful pretty well so we went on a walk in the dark and drizzle, joy...

Sunday - Run?  I should get in a long run it's been a few weeks.

What happened?  Dave was up and out early, I got the herd fed and did the smart thing and put on my running clothes to hopefully prompt me to get out and get in a few miles after their breakfast and before I was to meet Jennifer for weights and a swim at the Y at 10:30.  An hour of weights and a half hour swim, 10 laps (a lap is down and back = 50 meters).

It was nice to be in the water for a bit, I think we will be able to keep this up, probably move it to Friday's though.  

As they day isn't over there will probably be a dog walk or two... but who knows.  They really  got short changed this week!!



Run
Walk
Bike
Notes
23-Nov
2.2
Weights
24-Nov
5.1
Yoga
25-Nov
5.0
15
Spin
26-Nov
5.0

27-Nov
Yard work
28-Nov
2.3

29-Nov
6.3
2.6
Swim / Weights

21.4
7.1
15.0


Sincerely,
Beth, wishing all a happy Thanksgiving 

No comments:

Post a Comment