Thursday, January 28, 2016

Three Things Thursday


Another installment of Three Things Thursday.  It's hard to come up with three things...  
 
Quotes:
 
They can be as thought provoking as they are annoying.

This Runner’s World quote fanned a thought that sparked last night when I put together my training plan for my next Ultra.

 


I only remember some of the pain, mostly I remember the joy of accomplishment. 

Plans:

 I was vowing to not run a lot this summer.  Then I put together this plan (it starts June 6th):
 
 

Well shit, that’s all summer and some long runs, when will I bike?  Maybe a fall Ultra isn’t where it’s at?

Reality:


 

Sincerely,
Beth, realizing "It's better to cross the line and suffer the consequences than to just stare at the line for the rest of your life."



3 comments:

  1. I like this post! I agree with all 3 precepts (except for biking). Don't hate on the running so much during that training plan and monster long runs. What better way to spend the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I won't hate on the monster long runs (or at least articulate my hatred), because there is an ultimate goal it will be ok. A better way to spend the summer would include biking or kayaking on brewery tours, a pipe dream.... plus there is always beer in the shower and iced armpit towels at the end of a long summer run, right?

      Delete
  2. I say go for it! I however am still a one and done on the marathon... the half just suits me better, and the distance for training works better for me. Although in the back of my head I am still considering another marathon in the future. I love all the quotes.

    ReplyDelete