Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 is a Wrap!

Not really thrilled with the number of sentence starting with I... not really sure how to reconstruct them and not lessen the impact.

From my January 1, 2015 post  I had two goals:  sub 2 hour 1/2 and 1 or 2 centuries and the Pan Mass Challenge.

Did I sub 2 a 1/2? No, no I didn't.  Did I put in the work to do this?  No, no I didn't.  Did I beat myself about the head and neck?  No, no I didn't.  My last 1/2 of the year was very reflective.

Did I ride the PMC and 1 or 2 Centuries, Yes, yes I did.  I considered a third century the first week in October, the weather was horrid, why torture myself?

Races:  213 (based on my race recaps - I could count my bibs, but that sounds about right)
1/2/16 Editors note:  I counted bibs, I missed two race recaps JP Morgan Corporate Challenge and RISPFP
I focused in on what I wanted to do and learned to have fun running the race, I still have some more learning to do.

5K - 10
10K - 2
1/2 Marathons - 3
5 milers - 2
5.5 miler - 1
10 miler - 1
12 miler - 1 (DNF)
20K - 1 (DNF)
7.6 Miler - 1
8 Miler - 1

I earned 2 DNF, the first took me many months to fully get over, the second, I'm still working through.  I will tackle those races again.

I learned I need to find the fun in running and that means helping someone else to their goal (takes the pressure off me? - not sure of the psychology behind this).

Rides:  2 centuries, 186 miles of PMC, 57 mile leg of the Old Glory Relay, and a memorable 87 mile ride of hills.

I learned that my recovery time from the centuries is longer than I think it is going to be and I really need to ride into work regularly.

Miles:  3247, run, walk, bike

Eeking by 2014 totals with the assistance of spin classes,  I kinda feel like I didn't quite earn them, and during class I KNOW I earned them.

And from my FitBit:





















Fascinating!  These are the steps I take, exercise and general existing!


2016 Goals:

Biking: PMC, starting out of Sturbridge MA - the full 192 miles, 2 or 3 Century rides - TBD I'm over TFCE, and I'd like to to Mt. Washington again but it is the week before the PMC and I don't know if that is going to give me enough recovery time.  I have to do some research and make some decisions before the end of January.  2,016 miles on the bike, it MAY be doable with one or two spin classes a week and commuting into work on the bike in the summer.

Running: Full Marathon - targeting the Indianapolis Marathon in September.  Possibly at 50K in the fall - I'd love to run the Delaware Water Gap 50K.

Stretch goal:

2,016 walking + running miles:   This is a HUGE stretch goal for me.  2015 I achieved 1,679 miles between running and walking.  Will I make it?  I'm not sure.  Will I try?  Yes.  I've set up  my training log to keep track of the running and the walking miles and what I need to hit each week to achieve it. It is essentially 12 walking miles per week and 27 running miles for 52 weeks.

All these miles put me at 4,036 miles for the year, about 800 more than I'm trending.  That means about 80 more hours on the bike and about 130 more hours running through the year.  It will be interesting so see how committed I am.

Sincerely
Beth, older and wiser?

4 comments:

  1. You had a great year and your 2016 looks fantastic! I am still working my goals out. Was thinking nothing too big but we all know how that goes with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, nice write-up, and good to seeing you're planning well for 2016. Curious: why Indianapolis or Delaware?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job this year! Looking forward to seeing you tackle another 50k in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2015 looks like it was a really good year for you. I always look forward to hearing about your racing, rides, endurance adventures, and dog-related activities. Hope 2016 is a great year!

    ReplyDelete