Thursday, December 13, 2012

Clockstupid

One of my maternal Uncles, my Godfather, has an interesting way of putting things.  He tells stories, very much the Irishman, and I'll never forget him explaining that something was clockstupid.  I have no idea how old I was the first time he used this term, it has always stuck with me.  That and the smell of his potato pancakes we would wake up to as he was driving across country and just stop by to see his sister or because the state police were closing the highway during blizzards and ta da, there he was!

Route
I run my at work route clockwise.  That was the way it was explained to me and I just have run it that way.  Talking to one of the runners in the gym yesterday he noted that I seem to be going against the grain, everyone else runs the route the other direction.  I said, "Oh, yeah, clockstupid."  Yeah, he looked at me like I had three heads.

Today I decided to run the route clockstupid.  Noting that there was more of a climb at the end of the route this way, I figured it may have some benefits?  Of course running with out a day off in between makes my pace the next day a skitch slower, and it was true to form, a skitch slower, plus I ran later in the afternoon which also affects my pace to the slower end.

As I'm approaching the last set of up hills I see another runner running clockwise.  I was so jealous, that way feels so much more comfortable to me.  She waved and said HI!  Wonder if she normally runs clockwise or was trying something different?  I'll have to ask when I see her in the gym next!

Do you try routes a different direction?  Isn't it different?  A very different view, isn't it?  Does it make the run different?

Sincerely,
Beth, who wanted to use clockstupid in a post!

Stats:

Clockstupid 12/13

Clockwise 12/12

Clockstupid 12/13
Clockwise 12/12

Clockstupid 12/13
Clockwise 12/12


No comments:

Post a Comment