Monday (0) - Driving back to RI. Made it in under 12 hours with 4 stops. Not too bad. Lots of police out. Saw a semi pulled over and 4 cop cars and the back opened and boxes being inspected. Perhaps why there were so many cops? Just glad I managed to control my lead foot and not set the cruise too high.
Tuesday (3) - I had 90 minutes to get to and from the gym, run, stretch, and get lunch before an afternoon of conference calls. I made it with 10 minutes to spare. Meant having a short run and since it was short I made it quick to! 27 minutes for 3 miles, I'm happy with that. Guess this could count as speed work? Considered making it a double once I got home but I didn't. I had other things occupying my attention.
Gus was in very good shape one day post his dental surgery, poor guy has 4 teeth left. On a positive note he already seems to be in a lot less pain and happier. He was bummed he didn't get a walk, the doc said 2 days. Once we get started on a walk I know I'll go to far with him. Tomorrow we are free to roam and that will be fun. We should be able to do a trail run over the weekend. Pshew that is over! He has one of his bottom canines left and gave me a nice bright white snaggle tooth boxer grin this a.m. when I wiped breakfast off his nose. He does like routine more than any other pup we've had, so me being gone, Dave taking him to the vet, and not a lot of walks lately has been tough on the poor guy.
Wednesday (7.6) - Back to the 6 minimum. Felt really good, and was pretty peppy. Proves to me I need a break once in a while and that motivates me to do more than shuffle along.
Spin, ugh, I would have rather ridden outside, however 1) once I got home I'd get wrapped up in other projects and that wouldn't happen, 2) I hadn't seen Jennifer in a few weeks and it would be good to catch up in person, 3) kinda missed the class despite not being able to understand a word out of Kim's mouth, and 4) Thursday would be a really sedentary day with a training class and dinner out.
Gus and I went for a walk, he made it a mile and was seriously slowing down so we turned back home. I wasn't sure how far he would actually go. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable his mouth still feels, he seemed happy to get out and was rather playful as I was putting my shoes on to walk him. Nice to see!
Thursday (0) - Technically my rest day, but I had that on Monday. A training class took up the whole day and catching up with friends I hadn't seen in months was on tap for the evening. OH well. It's not like I'll lose anything having a second "easy" week. I do have a 10 mile trail run on Saturday - that outta knock some sense into or out of me, the jury is still out on that.
Despite the 'brownie incident' it was a good class. Someone who recognized me from the gym decided to comment on my choice of three brownies and shouldn't I be going to run that off? I explained it was my rest day and she exclaimed well then you shouldn't be having any brownies at all. I had a 4th, thinking, how strange. Now I'm nervous to go to the locker room because she recognized me and I was clueless. Then again I go in, change, run, stretch, shower and leave... interacting with only a few people and only recently. I'm not anti-social, I'm introverted, shy, aloof, and focused.
Friday (5.5) - There was rain in the forecast, it was drizzling and felt too raw for short sleeves and I was hungry. I swapped to long sleeves, and really didn't regret it. I was still cold when it came to the part to run Eastern Point Beach, along the water, I opted out, this is 0.4 miles so I was going to be short my 6 and I'm OK with that. It was an easy paced run all in all I felt good.
No Gus walk, we will go on a hike over the weekend. He is doing so much better. Back to being a cuddler, which I LOVE!
Saturday (13) - Brrrrlingame 10 miler recap here. Took Gus out for a normal walk. He seemed happy with that. What an amazing transformation. Big thanks to 5K for getting me thinking on getting Gus' teeth fixed. A gal I met out at a happy hour was having her boxer girl's teeth cleaned next week and was really nervous about the cost. It's worth every penny.
Sunday (3.8) - Took a 0 today. Gus got a nice long walk, and that was just fine. My left knee was a little stiff, as I figured, double the running time and uneven terrain I'm lucky it was just a little stiff! The day and evening were spent with the in-laws.
Weekly Mileage 32.9 (Run: 24.5 Walk 8.4) Considering all I had going on I'm not disappointed in my mileage.
Yearly Mileage 500.4 against a straight line of 479.4 I'm still ahead, and used up my a big chunk of my bank.
Sincerely,
Beth who had a good week! I'm pleased with my time for Brrrrrlingame and getting Gus back into the swing of things.
Yup you better control your lead foot. Keeping the cruise control high ain't going to do you any good. House of Pain Baby.
ReplyDelete