Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chapter 2013, Page 1 - Goals

Left off yesterday with the goal of setting goals...

My first goal of this year was to actually run the Frosty 5K in Guilford CT.  DONE!  Chip time of 28:05, not a shabby way to start off the New Year.  I was desperate to relieve the snot situation in my nose, my spitting habit is unladylike enough, I didn't want to add in a farmers blow... the crud cough held off until the 3 block walk back to my car. I expected that.  Should have gotten an inhaler, that would have helped.  It was a cough very much like the exercise induced asthma coughs I had when I first started running...  so enough about my bodily functions.  The race, it was a fun race, flat, pretty, nice runners and walkers who stayed in the back of the corral, thank you!!

Long sleeved cotton shirt, perfect for hanging around in! Plus the snowman is cute!

In the process of taking this picture I lost the Nathan bib holder thingys I purchased.  Crap.  I need to learn to pay attention.  Hopefully another runner in need of bib holder thingys found them and picked them up and will use them.  I'd hate to see them get thrown away.  Guess I'll need to go back and get a new set.  Whoopsie.  This time I'll stick them in my purse and not try and balance them the bib a piece of paper and the shirt...  This is what I get for not taking a bag, but I didn't need a bag, I had a perfectly suitable hand bag or even deep pockets in my Pea Coat in which to stash said thingys.   I did notice the store had the audio version of Born to Run.  I've been off and on reading the book, it holds my interest but I only seem to have time to read just before bed and I fall asleep and have to back track a page or two.  Hmmm...  there is always the library, where 90% of my audio books come from.  And you can see how I get distracted by bright shiny objects, no?



So goals:

Running - 1,500 miles, 1 race per month, 2 marathons, one with the Lung Cancer Alliances's Team Lung Love, 6 1/2 marathons.  Think that is reasonable. I've been working on my race calendar for 2013 and I can fit all of that in I am sure.
Reading - 115 books, I know not much of a stretch from this year where I read/listened to 116.  I may incorporate audio books into my running play list.  I'll have to contemplate this.  4 hour long run once a week would get me through a short book every couple of months?
Knitting - yes, I know this is a running blog, but it is also about living life.  I am going to hold to the 10 pair of socks.  When my parents house burned, all the socks I knitted for them were lost.  I think a goal of knitting them a couple pair of new socks and a few other people socks would inspire me.  I have enough knitted socks!
Diet - ? Hmm.... I've only ever set a weight goal with Weight Watchers, and I have hit my 1 year maintenance anniversary.  What I have been super lax on is counting points and I know my portion sizes are getting on the high side, so my goal will be to weigh, measure, and track a minimum of 4 days a week. 

Think that will do it.  Four things important to me in my daily life.

How do you set goals?  What sort of goals have you set?  How do you or do you reward yourself for achieving your goals?

Sincerely,
Beth with the first action item off the 2013 to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment