Monday, January 7, 2013

Perspective

Jackass came in this morning with the usual Monday morning banter. Of course, he asked about my race this weekend. I said I thought it started at 10 it started at 9. And like with anything he pull some Seinfeld reference! Yep, you guessed it Jean-Paul!!

Jean-Paul The Marathon Runner

Friends just put things into perspective, don’t they?

I’m still incredibly bummed to miss race 2 of a 5 race series and be out of the running for having competed in all of them like I did last year. Now I will put the race START time on the calendar also and be more diligent about checking the start time BEFORE I go to bed.

So to answer the question, Will she break a running rule? Nope! No race no new stuff. Although I am going to look for the Run Yaktrax for trail running. Those look a little better for running and I’ll run in them before attempting a race.

I did have a nice, yet slow, 6 mile run and followed that up with a trip to the beach with Hubb and 3 of the 4 dogs. The beach was nice, not too many people, we missed the get up and go for a walk on the beach crowd and were early for the let’s go for a walk on the beach after lunch crowd. Don’t worry too much about the one left home alone. He had a special treat, going hiking with me, which he LOVES his ‘mommy and me time’ plus I let him wander and he just likes to be doing something. He was a little disgruntled that Hubb was joining us. The look on his face when I had him get into the truck was one of “Really? Do we have to bring HIM with us?” We went out to a local trail where Hubb could work on some things with his mountain bike and Gizmo and I could hike. Gizzy was happy when Hubb took off in one direction and we went in another.

The trails were nice with a fresh covering of snow to clean everything up.  The hunters were out so we donned our orange!


Safety Dog!!
Sincerely,
Beth, who will be writing the START times on the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment