Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sleeping like a baby

I did, in fact, sleep like a baby.  Not the baby I was who slept through the night from the time my parents brought me home.  Like a normal baby, up every hour or so, and fussy....

This mornings 5K was fun.  I managed a 30:20 on legs that felt and moved like lead from yesterdays Nooseneck 18K  (did I mention it was hilly?)  I'll take it.  Nice course, the last up hill was torture, however it ends on a down hill, I just couldn't get my legs turning over quick enough to get there in under 30 minutes!!  Some Domino's pizza delivery driver I'd make, eh?   I have no idea where I placed, I think there was a 90 by my name.  Pretty much how I'm feeling about now...

Michael did well with a 21:56 putting him 10th out of 160.  Pretty cool to say I know such greatness!  Nice to start to get to know all you local racers!  Hope your races or runs or rides were excellent this weekend!

Very cool t-shirt:



There were a couple of young girls who put up a pretty good race with the old lady here.  Always makes me smile  I kept telling them to go go go.  They ran and giggled and ran and giggled, so sweet.

Saturday is the Ice Age 1/2 trail marathon in La Grange WI.  With a couple of long drives, taking some time to stop and see my family in MI and spoil my Nephew with a big bag of presents,  it will be some forced rest days which I do need.  I really really don't like to fly, I really really really like to take long car trips, so this works out well for me.  As luck would have it one of my Cousin's is volunteering at the race and another friend lives in a nearby town!  So not only will I get to run a 1/2 marathon on a beautiful trail I will get to see my family in MI, a Cousin, an Aunt, and friends!!!

Sincerely
Beth, who is going to nap now...

4 comments:

  1. Rockstar! Grat job on both races. I am excited for you and your upcoming weekend. It sounds like a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy every minute with your family and while racing. I think it will be the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm excited and nervous!! Can't wait to experience all of it!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your half this weekend! Sounds heavenly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is supposed to rain for the day or so leading up to it, and the mud just makes me look forward to it all the more. :)

      Delete