![]() |
| I think there is more of a challenge in the clockstupid direction. |
![]() |
| The wind is coming right off the water for the first 1.5ish miles, a bit chilly! |
When I run this trail I nearly always think about the first time I ever ran it, June 4, 2010, the Twilight Trail Run. The second race I had ever run. 48:19, I thought I might die by the end of the race. My time for that same race the next year was 47:26. From that day, June 3, 2011, forward pretty much every Friday afternoon I was out on that trail running further and further until I finally ran the whole damn thing. When I run it these days I recall fondly the rock or tree or hill I would force my self to run to before I could walk again. It is a nice reality check for how far I really have come since my decision to become a runner in January of 2010 and my decision to get serious in May of 2011.
Do you have a route or a trail or even a race that is this sort of milepost or memory lane for you?
Sincerely,
Beth, skipping down memory lane



Run4Kerri, 2009, first race I ever ran (at the request of friends)...on a whim, because I surf around the corner. I was in HELL for the race...surfed first, ran after, wasn't pretty but I did it and was hooked forever...love this race...will never miss this one, and while I love trails, I'll always run this one, great cause and cool family :)
ReplyDelete