Friday, August 24, 2012

Baby Shower

My week is all bass-ackwards.  Tuesday I was in CT.  Thursday in NY.  Today I thought it was Wednesday when I got up. Then realized it was Friday and mammogram day.  Yeah.  Oh yeah and a baby shower, that is a real Yeah!

I've been getting mammograms since I was 35, as my grandmother had breast cancer young and I frankly am of the school it isn't "if" it is "where".  What ever testing and screening I can get I get.    Mammography has changed a lot in the last 10 years.  From the film machines to these digital machines and now they are asking a few questions beforehand.  I am not sure if they are to collect statistics or why.  I should have asked.  They were when did you start menstruation, how many pregnancies, how many live births.  I thought that was all very interesting as there are statistics on breast cancer cases and those three questions.  I'll watch this space. The process is the process, our radiologists are wonderful and I have never had a bad experience with any of the radiology services.  I like the digital because the radiologist can review the images and determine immediately if something needs to be re-shot.  As usual I have a couple that need to be retaken.  I am happy to have it done then rather than getting that phone call "We need you to come back in." No matter WHAT they say, it sets off alarm bells.

The baby shower was wonderful.  My diaper cake was a big hit.  I had thought I was the only person to not know what one was I was surprised to learn that the women at the shower had never heard of one either. Didn't I feel special?

The hostess put on a lovely party and several of us stayed until the early hours of the evening.  Her youngest son came home and we chatted with him a bit before he went off to spend the evening with his girlfriend/fiancee and we got all the dish on that.  Seriously we need to find him a suitable girl, he is a sweet stand up guy who deserves better.  Her husband came home an hour or so later, he had a few beers with us and we had a good time talking about the difference in people from New England and not from New England.

I missed yoga, which sucks.  And it is my own fault for not paying close enough attention to the time.  I was having a good time and it was nice to hang out with the women.  I didn't really care for the discussions on child birth and wasn't at all interested in feeling the baby move.  *shudder*

Tomorrow is a rest day and Sunday will be the 15 - 17 mile run take II.  I am psyched for it!!

Sincerely,
Beth who socialized with actual people today.


No comments:

Post a Comment