Saturday, July 7, 2012

Running and Yoga on the Beach

So, yes, this is about yesterday's activities.  The day got away from me visiting with friends...

My day started blissfully with a 2.5 mile run on the beach.  I am now caught up from skipping July 4th!  Yeah...  I am also making Saturday's run optional depending on what I have on tap for Sunday.  I do need to get out and move today, I did have a busy day yesterday, yes, yes, I am getting there.

Knowing I had afternoon plans with family and friends I was in a bit of a quandary about what to do about Yoga.  Then I remembered the Westerly Community Yoga Center moved their Friday a.m. practice to the beach.  Oh cool!  I could catch up on my lagging miles by running the beach and also get in a yoga practice, all before 8:30 a.m.  what could be better?

The run was on the lovely Misquamacut Beach.  Which I was surprised to find was a much harder surface than the softer sands of East Beach in Charlestown or Quonnie in Weekapaug.  This required me to run more up on the balls of my feet.  So 2.5 miles was perfect amount of miles and time.  My calves are feeling it today, from that and my afternoon of walking around doing touristy stuff with visiting friends.


Yoga on the beach is fun, the tide was coming in and while we all wanted to be on the nice firmer sand we would have been practicing in the water by the end of the class.  Although those next to the sinky girl (me) may have been OK with that.  No, no one called me 'stinky girl' but me.  We did end class in a circle, in the water with a nice Ohmmmmm  really beautiful combine with the sound of the waves.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment