Monday, July 30, 2012

WAH

WAH = Work At Home.  Not a bad way to start the work week.  Granted this did not involve sleeping in, it just involved not wearing shoes.  Hubb took his nephews to an amusement park for the day and will bring them back here to spend a few days with their Uncle and Aunt.  Well their Uncle, Auntie Beth works a lot.

Monday was productive, top secret work project seems to be going smoothly, finally, despite the consultants ever present attempts to de-rail us!  I am working on a filing also going well.  The second time I've had to do this for an attorney and while she is a nervous nelly about the whole thing it is going far better than I could have imagined considering we are in prime vacation time at place of employment.

I didn't run.  I didn't go to yoga.  I rolled my foot on ice and a tennis ball and stretched.  I am seriously worried about this PF as well as the Susan G Komen 60 mile walk this Fri - Sun.  I doubt I am anywhere seriously close to a sidelining injury however I just really don't like to be in pain and constant fear of pain.  So there you have it.  Whimp?  Maybe...  Better safe than sorry is what I am going for.  I can do the miles, I know this, physically and mentally. The pain on Saturday was sharp and piercing, and scary.

I worked, did laundry, messed around with the dogs, and mowed the lawn.  So much for a stellar training plan, you know what, I'm OK with this and I don't feel like I am making excuses.  Everything is making me cry so I'm ultra sensitive to pain at the moment.

Yeah, does sound like I am trying to justify.

I took myself out for a little drive to see this, beautiful, hopeful, and amazing.

Buttonwood Farms, Griswold, CT
Sincerely,
Sunny Beth

2 comments:

  1. Why is it, do you think, that the hardest person to show kindness to is often ourselves?

    Feel for ya! Hang in there & remember to treat yourself at least as well as you do those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought. I will try, thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete