And now on to something you may really like.
My long run plan this a.m. was going to be to run to the beach run a 5K with a friend and run home, which would total 13 miles, 12 was on the schedule so we were good with mileage for the long run. Woke up to pouring rain, I love the sound of it drumming down on the copper porch roof just not that heavy drumming down on my head. Ugh, I don't really want to deal with a race in the rain and potential blisters, since I now seem to be getting them, WTF? Begged off the 5K plan and set out to start running when the rain lightened up and looked to be a gentle rain.
![]() |
| Rain! That means bright clothes - check! Then let's do this thing! |
While I was reviewing my stats and Hubb was asking some interesting questions about the data I collect and what it tells me I realized that I didn't do my loop in the park. I did stop and snap a picture in the park, there were people doing what I think is Tai Chi in the mist. Looked peaceful.
![]() |
| Tai Chi? Wilcox Park |
I just ran on through admiring the flowers and totally forgot to hang a right and do my loop. How long have I been doing that loop and I forgot, really? Beth, really? Wow... yeah, hope it was a joyful distraction to cause you to lose focus like that, impressive, actually.
Traffic was kind this morning, stopping way before I reached the cross walks to get over in to CT. Thank you drivers, are my rantings paying off?
What I did run across, ok bad pun, were 2 runners and 2 walkers wearing dark clothes, really people it is rainy and cloudy, this is a windy hilly road and your not visible. What are you thinking? Obviously NOT! I will give them credit enough they were running / walking respectively against traffic, so there is that little bit of common sense. I was happy to see two bikers dressed brightly. LOVED the womans Elmo shirt, bright red and perfectly hillarious! At least I think it was Elmo, well my distracted mind thought it was so that is good enough for me, for now. When I got back to RI, and was in town, there were two runners dressed brightly, KUDOS!!!
![]() |
| I could see them WAY off in the distance, as could the drivers! |
![]() |
| Nearly 10 feet tall! Well when I run I certianly do feel tall and proud (look a little dorky, hey I own it)!! OORAH Semper Fi, baby! |
![]() |
| Gus and Gizmo and their shadows |
Stats
![]() |
| Feh, it will do. |
![]() |
| Totally forgot the loop in the park! Gahhhh |
![]() |
| Pacing / Elevation A little scattered, I'll have runs like these. All in all I felt good. |
![]() |
| Splits |
Sincerely,
Beth, looking forward to running with her shadow again, soon!!









No comments:
Post a Comment